4/22/09

Bomb Ass 60s Divas : May God Bless Them All

I think the 20s is my favorite decade in American history. The Harlem Renaissance, the Jazz Age, WWI, Delta Blues, my grandparents were being stirred and baked.

I think the 80s is my favorite decade that I've actually lived in. I don't think there's too much I could write that would add to the volumes of shit already out there about that era, except for the fact that between the years of 1980 and 1989, the Mass of My Balls (or, "Ball Mass Index" in snooty circles) increased roughly 93%. I'm pretty sure that hasn't been written yet.

The 70s are my favorite decade to try and imagine what it would've been like to live in that shit. The birth of hip-hop and punk, everybody's hot and sweaty, gang warfare was brewing up, people were flying out into space on a regular basis and crack abuse was born. Although I am not crack, I was born in the 70s as well.

But I don't think any era was more chock full of the sexiest, most juiciest and ferocious women than the 60s into the early 70s. I get a kick out of ALL women from that era, but got a soft spot for Black women back then. They were really killin' shit. Talk about the perfect balance of style, funk, flair, sass, thickness, density and soul....sheeeit

Minnie Ripperton
001022.jpg

See full size image



Diana Ross


1526734942_d08f5fcbb8_o.jpg

Donna Summer


donna-summer2.jpg


Roberta Flack
flack.jpg


The-Very-Best-Of-Roberta-Flack.jpg


young Tina? Forget about it
(hard to find any pics of her without Ike in em, gazing at her....or...something...with husbandly affection)
IkeTinaTurner2.jpg


Ike%20&%20Tina%20Turner.jpg


Ann Peebles
Ann_Peebles_-_The_Complete_Ann_Peebles_on_Hi_Records,_Vol__1.jpg


And Cher's lil cute skinny Armenian ass woulda got broke off too....you know, back in the 60s.





Ok, some of those are kinda scary, but yall catch my drift. Ladies in the 60s and 70s...they had the answers, man..they had the answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails